HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a part-time (20 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site located in Winston-Salem, NC! In this position, you will provide exercise floor supervision, interact with members and program participants, and deliver health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants in order to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Virtual Fitness as applicable.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists in the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member's interests, abilities and goals.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc) and/or 2+ years fitness and wellness industry experience, along with fitness industry certification(s) from a HealthFitness approved provider.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Available to work Monday – Thursday 11:00am-4:00pm.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at