The Wellness Center within the Division of Campus/Auxiliary Services at Auburn University at Montgomery is seeking a full-time Director of AUM Wellness Center. This position will serve as key leadership and oversee and manage professional staff and student leaders. Reporting to the Chief Campus Services Officer, the Director will oversee the daily operation, staffing, and strategic visioning for the Wellness Center. This individual will be a fundamental leader of the Wellness Center which is designed to provide the entire community with an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities such as aquatic programs, athletic training, fitness/wellness, outdoor recreation, special events, and other collaborative programs.
• Serve as a principal point of contact for coordination of the Wellness Center daily operations.
• Provide leadership and management of the development and operation of the Wellness Center facility management and services.
• Direct a diverse array of classes, educational workshops and specialty programs to engage a broad spectrum of students and members of the university community
• Hire, training, supervise, schedule, and evaluate assigned full time, part-time, and student staff in the Wellness Center.
• Oversee the maintenance of fitness equipment and wellness facilities. Facilitate the scheduling of maintenance equipment as needed.
• Collaborate with campus partners to avoid scheduling conflicts of the center.
• Ensure accurate preparation and maintenance of records for the department such as budget, participation numbers, membership counts, and other various reports.
• Establish policies that provide for the effective operation of the Wellness Center and support the strategic goals of the institution.
• Oversee the development and implementation of risk management procedures and protocols.
• Plan special recreation related events for students, faculty, and staff.
• Understand and represent the mission and vision of Auburn University at Montgomery.
• Grow activity offerings to reflect the university needs and industry trends.
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and expertise in individual and group training protocols and standards; current fitness trends; and anatomy/physiology.
• Experience in customer engagement and retention
• Experience in directing a revenue-generating department or business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; great listening skills
• Excellent customer service
• Effective organizational, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail software).
• A working knowledge of financial operations.
A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Exercise Physiology, Health Education, Physical Education, or related field with 5 years’ proven experience working in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field is required or a combination of education and a minimum of 10 years’ of progressive experience in recreation facility operations and/or management in a related field.
• Experience with Banner, Kronos, and
recreational management software is preferred.
• Experience in recreational programs and university or corporate health/fitness setting.
• American Red Cross cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillation (AED) and First Aid certification are required. CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard and Wilderness First Aid instructor certifications are preferred.
• Requires ability to work a flex schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at