Quinnipiac University seeks applications for an Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach to collaborate with the Associate Athletic Director of Athletic Performance in the overall coordination, direction and operation of a NCAA strength and conditioning program for men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Adhere to the highest standards of academic integrity and work in compliance with all University, NCAA, MAAC Conference, ECAC Conference and Big East Conference rules and regulations.
- Assist in designing, instructing and supervising student athletes in the following: proper techniques of strength training movements, aerobic/anaerobic conditioning, speed development, power development, nutritional education, testing and evaluation protocols and flexibility programs.
- Position will work in conjunction with the athletic training staff and team physicians in regard to effective rehabilitation and treatment programs for injured student-athletes.
- Will work in conjunction with Associate Athletic Director of Athletic Performance to help develop and mentor assistants and graduate assistants.
- Position will assist in the training and supervision of student interns as well as creating and maintaining proper records and databases.
- Will assist in equipment purchasing and servicing of equipment for facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of three years working with collegiate student-athletes preferred
- National Strength and Conditioning Certification or equivalent
- Certification by NSCA or USAW
- Experience in working with diverse groups of athletes, both male and female
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to interact professionally within the department, the campus and the national community
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Night and weekend work required as needed
- Some travel possible
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” The Chronicle of Higher Education has named Quinnipiac among the “Great Colleges to Work For.” For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at