HealthFitness has an exciting new management opportunity available in Northern Minnesota! Come join our team as a General Manager at our client's large community center in Crosby, Minnesota! As the General Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operation of a large community recreation center, which will include staff supervision, program management, community outreach and marketing, budget management, facilities management and more! We are searching for a driven leader who is passionate about promoting health & wellness and providing best-in-class service within the community.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and implement policies and procedures within the community recreation center.
- Coordinate and lead all department staff and programs, including fitness, aquatics & recreation, customer service, and facilities maintenance.
- Staff supervision responsibilities include: recruiting, hiring and training new team members; managing payroll and performance evaluations for existing staff; and facilitating the growth and development of fellow associates.
- Lead business planning process which includes: analyzing reports on membership and financial performance, identifying business objectives, developing program goals and securing funding as needed, monitoring and managing program budget, implementing capital improvement plan, and supply/inventory management.
- Responsible for general facility appearance which includes facility, equipment, and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain high-quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and collaborating with customers, community stakeholders, and fellow team members.
- Serve as primary contact to the client stakeholders and partners within HealthFitness. Attend monthly City Council meetings as well as corporate regional managers’ training and meetings.
- Manage and implement communications strategies regarding programs, events and services within the community; interact and build relationships with members and guests within the facility.
- Assist throughout the facility as needed.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and related management experience is required.
- First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute will be required within first six months of employment.
- One or more years of management experience is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in customer service is required.
- Must be comfortable using computers, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications.
- Active listing skills and ability to relate to and provide service to individuals of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Strong quality orientation including attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and objectivity.
- Certified Swimming Pool Operator license is preferred.
- Food Safety Certification is preferred.
- Fitness experience and/or certifications are preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at