Assist Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all facets of strength and conditioning program, primarily by: instructing student-athletes on strength and conditioning skills and techniques, educating on strength and conditioning rules and NCAA requirements, assessing comprehension of skills, techniques and rules and providing additional instruction as appropriate, and preparing team for competition and practice. During period of appointment, this position will report to Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, and will be assigned to sport programs tbd.
Assistant coach must perform duties in compliance with all College, Patriot League, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Primary Responsibilities 70%:
Assist in designing, instructing and supervising student athletes in the following:
- Proper techniques of strength training movements
- Energy system development prescriptions
- Speed and power development
- Testing and evaluation protocols
- Mobility and flexibility methods
- Nutritional education
Secondary responsibilities (30%)
Collaborating with strength and conditioning staff, sport coaches, athletic training staff and athletic administration:
- Work in conjunction with athletic training staff and team physicians to promote student-athlete well-being and effective rehabilitation and treatment for injured student-athletes
- Take part in weekly strength and conditioning staff meetings.
- Educate and collaborate with individual sport coaches regarding appropriate training load, pre-competition meals, appropriate warm ups and team cultural alignments
- Assist coaches in communications with prospective student-athletes regarding strength and conditioning methods and practices
- Assist in the training and supervision of student interns and fellows
- Create and maintain proper records and databases
- Assist in all operations and maintenance of strength and conditioning equipment
- Assist in all facets of nutrition station maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Master's degree preferred
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification (CSCS) or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC)
- 2-3 Years prior experience in strength and conditioning, preferably at the collegiate level
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
How to Apply
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 2,800 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at