HealthFitness is looking for a fitness professional ready to take that next step in their career. If you have a couple years experience in the industry and are looking to coordinate programs, this position is ideal for you. As a Fitness Program Coordinator at our Philadelphia, PA client location, you will be responsible for the development, planning, coordination, marketing and/or implementation of Group Exercise, Personal Training and Massage Therapy programs and events, maximizing participation and engagement. This position also manages program delivery process and teams, ensures all staff are properly trained, monitors quality and reports on program outcomes. This individual may also participate in program delivery and perform other staff responsibilities such as instructing group exercise classes; personal training; conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all programming within the Group Exercise, Personal Training and Massage Therapy designated areas; develops, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness programs within specified program areas to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs, services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and certified.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client’s business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies. Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and engagement; develops and distributes electronic and print promotional materials to communicate program offerings and special events.
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results; evaluates and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and makes recommendations for future program enhancements or modifications.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process relating to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction as applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM or NETA.
- Minimum 1 year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including budgeting, marketing and promotions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription if applicable.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM preferred, but required within 6 months of hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at