The Fitness Coordinator in Campus Recreation provides leadership for a diverse, dynamic and comprehensive fitness program which includes group fitness, personal training, fitness/wellness programming, fitness assessments/screenings and trainee programs. The Fitness Coordinator actively creates learning environments that empower student employees to create safe, inclusive and accessible recreational environments for the University community. The primary purpose of this position is to directly interact with students and enhance their academic and learning experience outside the classroom setting. The position coordinates the fitness programs/services, fitness staff scheduling, staff learning opportunities and assessment and evaluation of the fitness program. The position reports to the Assistant Director for Fitness and Wellness.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Prior experience supervising and mentoring student staff in a higher education setting
• Superior analytical and organizational skills
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with large and diverse audiences in additional to one-on-one encounters
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Master’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Recreation or Recreation Management, Sport Management or Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field
• Ability to utilize technology in the delivery of student programs preferred.
• American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED/BBP certification
• At least one current fitness certification from a NCCA accredited organization (i.e. ACE, NASM, ACSM, NSCA)
How to Apply
A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, Carolina regularly ranks as the best value for academic quality in U.S. public higher education. Chapel Hill is the quintessential college town: a small town atmosphere steeped in NC history, diverse cultural opportunities, great restaurants and night life (Franklin Street), top level ACC athletics, and the best students in the nation.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at