HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Health Fitness Specialist, with an outgoing personality to work at our client site located in downtown San Francisco, California which is close to public transportation; hours of operations are Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will instruct group exercise classes; provide cutting edge personal training; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement creative outreach initiatives for local employees; promotes program offerings to increase participation, re-engage inactive employee and acquire new members.
- Conducts fitness assessments and provides individual, small group training and larger group exercise classes.
- Cross collaboration with departments to deliver a variety of program-specific health improvement programs.
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Open/close and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, exercise science, etc).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM (additional income can be earned through personal training).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at