HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (12 hrs/week) Recreation Coordinator at our client site located in West Chester, PA to work two days during the work week between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. In this position, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of an onsite recreation program for a client site located in West Chester, PA for 900 employees. You will assist in the development and coordination of the current and potential onsite recreation programs within specified program areas (e.g. athletics, visual arts, culinary arts, sustainable arts, etc.) and additional onsite recreation project requests to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. You will directly report to the Recreation Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop employee Recreation Program strategy that will identify, create, and improve existing recreation opportunities in West Chester.
· Maintain up-to-date marketing and communication materials on campus.
· Ensure all campus marketing posters and communications are printed, displayed, and removed in timely manner.
· Maintain organized marketing information boards.
· Utilize recreation SharePoint site for increased communication and marketing, as needed.
· Learn and familiarize with appropriate marketing protocols.
· Maintain highest level communication through client interactions, appearance and marketing materials.
· Collaborate with current health & wellness team to enhance and support core initiatives and deliverables.
· Host, facilitate and support onsite events and activities.
· Attend all Recreation Team meetings including weekly team meetings, monthly Recreation Integrated Team calls and team trainings relevant to position as assigned by Recreation Program Manager.
· Other duties as needed/assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Sports Management or related discipline.
· 1+ years related experience.
· Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective programs including marketing, communications and promotions.
· Current First Aid and CPR certifications from the AHA or American Red Cross; AED certification if applicable. (or within 60 days of start date).
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
· Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
· Background in recreation programming including sports league management, arts programs, community events, and non-traditional recreation programming.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at