The Assistant Director, Facilities reports to the Director of Campus Recreation and is responsible for select administrative and supervisory duties to ensure the successful operation of the Collins Fitness Center after 5pm and some weekends. This position provides leadership and supervision to the undergraduate student/part-time employees.
- Provides on-site supervision of the facility and student/part-time employees after 5pm until closing, weeknights and some weekends
- Mediates all conflicts between patrons to ensure a safe, positive recreational experience and defuses aggressive behavior that sometimes occurs during competitive activities
- Handles any emergency situations in the evening: tornado, fire, injury, etc.
- Enforces policies and regulations of the Facility and the University
- Handles inventory and inspects equipment
- Acts as liaison between student/part-time staff, fitness instructors and administration
- Teaches First Aid/CPR & AED classes
- Handles scheduling student/part-time employees
- Provides training of student/part-time employees
- Updates social networking sites to keep employees and patrons informed of current events
- Performs other duties as assigned/needed
Bachelor’s degree required; minimum of 1 year experience in recreational setting; applicant must be motivated and organized with good leadership and customer service skills; must be willing to work flexible hours; strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to manage confidential and sensitive situations; ability to set priorities and work independently to produce results in a timely manner; ability to use Microsoft Access, Excel and other programs for collecting, interpreting, and reporting data; ability to maintain accurate and thorough records with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, alumni, spouses, administrators, and others; demonstrated ability to create solutions and procedures for recurring problems.
Working knowledge of Adobe programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator; First Aid, CPR and AED instructor certifications; Bachelor’s degree in field of health and fitness
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at