The Coordinator, Fitness & Wellness is responsible for managing fitness & wellness related programming for Recreational Athletics including group exercise, personal training, wellness education, & fitness programming.
- Coordinate, develop, and implement comprehensive & diverse group exercise class offerings each quarter (50+ classes per week) that reflect interests of campus community and members. Oversee all aspects of personal training program to effectively & efficiently handle payment and scheduling of trainers to increase revenue for Recreation Center. Assist with development & continually monitor operating and staff budget for group exercise & personal training. Inspect, assess, & maintain all equipment in the group exercise studios and personal training studios; coordinate and/or conduct repair, maintenance, & cleanliness of all equipment. Instruct at least two group exercise classes per week. Implement workshops and trainings to develop group exercise instructor knowledge and safety standards. Continually assess all aspects of fitness & wellness programs to measure and ensure participant satisfaction and staff learning & development. Oversee small group training program to increase opportunities for Drexel Community to actively engage in fitness programming, while bringing in revenue for Recreation Center. Contribute to positive user experience in the Recreation Center – proactive interaction, provide assistance to users, guidance to staff, & provision of passive educational materials. Provide professional presence and user interaction/assistance on Recreation Center fitness floors. Conduct fitness assessments and floor orientations for Drexel students & Recreation Center members. Responsible for all passive fitness & wellness educational materials & resources in Recreation Center. Any other duties as assigned to support the mission of Recreational Athletics.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, payroll & evaluation of all Group Exercise Instructors. Manage the recruitment, hiring, training, & payroll of all Personal Trainers. Routinely evaluate Group Exercise Instructors based on current industry standards. Develop evaluation criteria for personal trainers for clients to assess their experience. Manage scheduling software for all personal trainers and clients in conjunction with Member Services team. Conduct quarterly meetings with Group Exercise Instructors; additionally meet one on one with instructors on an as need basis.
- Develop fitness & wellness events with stakeholders throughout each term to meet their needs. Serve on University Wellness Committee and provide assistance to Assistant Athletic Director-Recreation in meeting the goals & priorities of the committee. Plan and implement events & programming related to wellness each term. Manage on-demand wellness program to allow Drexel community to request educational sessions on one-off basis. Meet and partner with student groups to create, plan, and implement fitness programming catered to their needs. Work with varsity athletic teams to assist fitness needs during each sport’s season. Ability to work mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in campus recreation or related exercise environment
- Certification in: ACSM, NSCA, ACE/AFAA or equivalent or ability to obtain upon hire; CPR, AED, First Aid or ability to obtain upon hire. Master’s Degree in exercise physiology, physical education, recreation administration, exercise science, sports management or related field preferred.
How to Apply
Applications close: Oct 9 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Drexel University was founded in Philadelphia in 1891 to provide educational opportunities for women and men of all backgrounds. Now, as a comprehensive research university with over 26,000 students across its 15 colleges and schools, Drexel’s strength in co-operative education, experiential learning, and translational research provides its students and faculty with excellent opportunities for career success. Known for innovation and dramatic growth, Drexel has earned top rankings from U.S. News & World Report, appearing among its Top 100 National Universities for the past seven years and on its Best Colleges list for the past 11 years
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at