HealthFitness has a new opening for a Wellness Program Manager at our client site located in Titusville, NJ. In this position, you will be responsible for working closely with the Area Manager and onsite teams to ensure delivery of programs and services as outlined in the contract and annual business/program plan. You will oversee your main site in addition to 1-3 other client locations in the region which are TBD. Fitness facility is open from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and from 6:30 am to 3:30 pm Friday, individual must be flexible between those times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support onsite team as they oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility and ensure compliance with FF expectations, administrative/front desk duties and working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Oversee team as they motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events and drive employee engagement.
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness center management activities including: teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract, floor coverage/front desk coverage, fitness testing, orientations and exercise prescriptions.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends like professional certifications and e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the yearly strategic business plan to identify: contract deliverables, program/ service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Strategically support site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the implementation of all health education activities.
- Prepare, obtain approval and manage operating budget. Ensure expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Oversee program outcomes and track fitness facility usage and program participation and manage all record management processes.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation and develop a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Operation Smile, Heart Walk, United Way as needed.
- Some travel and over night travel to other site locations.
- Recruit hire, onboard and develop highly engaged staff including Wellness Professionals, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, massage therapists & interns as applicable for main site and other sites you oversee. Oversee onsite wellness professionals as directed to ensure Health Fitness is compliant with contract and service level agreement.
- Minimum 5+ years related industry experience, including program management in a health plan, health improvement or related environment.
- Minimum 2+ years management/supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience in Group Exercise Leadership and additional industry certifications.
- 2+ years of program management experience on the Health Fitness/Johnson & Johnson account as well as prior supervisory experience.
- Training or Experience with Health Coaching and/or Motivational Interviewing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at