HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Wellness Manager at our site location in Ardmore, OK. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the evolution of a mature wellness program and the client’s overall well-being strategy with an increased focus on physical activity and nutrition to drive risk reduction. You will be responsible for managing and direct all operational aspects of an on-site fitness program. You will be responsible for contract compliance; development of and adherence to the strategic business plan; staff supervision, training and development; design and facilitation of a variety of health & fitness programs; and various administrative duties including developing outcomes focused management reports. In addition, you will also be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of outcomes based programs and interventions for large client health promotion programs; driving participation, engagement, outcomes and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/ service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of outcomes focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments as appropriate to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of Fitness Center(s) operations.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the Client program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all lines of Client business (e.g. Health and Safety, Benefits).
- Manage a Champion Network, develop, recruit, train, engage and communicate.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Assesses effectiveness of current health education interventions and enhance delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including if applicable file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and/or storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Minimum 1+ years related industry experience, including program management in a health plan, health improvement or related environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering effective health promotion programs including budgeting, marketing and outcomes reporting.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, trust, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Ability to travel up to 25% including overnight stays.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications through the AHA or American Red Cross required upon hire.
- Group Exercise class instructor certification required within the first 90 days of hire. (Examples: ACE, ACSM, Johnny G., and other nationally recognized certifications).
- CHES, ACSM, and other fitness certifications.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at