This position coordinates student wellness education programs for the university community. The incumbent promotes healthy behavior and develops, implements, and evaluates programs, services, and resources geared toward enhancing the student’s well-being.
Examples of Work Performed
- Plans, develops, and implements programs to promote student health and wellness for the university community that range from large-scale awareness events to small group meetings.
- Supports wellness education efforts by developing, implementing, and evaluating programs, services, and resources geared toward enhancing the student’s well-being.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements wellness and outreach programs in alignment with identified wellness dimensions.
- Conducts annual assessment of wellness programs and implements necessary changes.
- Develops and disseminates marketing materials and social media for all events.
- Counsels students concerning wellness-related issues.
- Maintains wellness resources and educational materials.
- Serves as liaison between Campus Recreation/Wellness Education and the university community.
- Supervises, advises, and trains wellness education student staff.
- Recruits and advises the student wellness advocates student organization.
- Gives professional presentations on wellness topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
1. Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates student wellness education programs for the university community.
2. Maintains wellness resources and educational materials.
3. Supervises, advises, and trains wellness education student staff.
Bachelor’s degree in health promotion, health education or a related field from an accredited college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
How to Apply
The University of Mississippi is alive with a history of leadership and excellence that chronicles the development of the state and its people. Known affectionately as Ole Miss, Mississippi's flagship university has helped improve life for all Mississippians through its missions of education, research and service for more than 160 years, achieving many firsts and noteworthy accomplishments along the way.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at