Wellness Center. Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) and Dean of Students in the Division of Student Affairs, the Director serves as a member of the AVP’s senior leadership team and provides functional day-to-day oversight of the Office of Student Wellness, including supervision of staff and budgetary oversight.
• Establishes and oversees a framework and strategy for building and advancing a vision for health education.
• Provides supervision and coaching of staff and leads a team of health and wellness educators, peer health leaders, and related support.
• Develops and maintains a vision of wellness culture that is evidence-based and leads to the development and prioritization of program goals.
• Oversees program operations, including the program budget and supervision of staff.
• Directs the development, implementation and assessment of a campus-wide wellness strategic plan for students which aligns with divisional and university strategic priorities.
• Oversees outreach efforts related to wellness, such as alcohol & drug abuse, emotional self-care, nutrition and eating disorders prevention, healthy relationships and sexuality, and utilizes peer education to implement such efforts.
• Develops strategic direction in close alignment with the strategic priorities of Student Affairs with a strong emphasis on mental health and well-being as well as diversity and inclusion.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?
Minimum Experience Required
Five or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Five or more years of program planning, health programming, and strategy implementation experience; previous supervisory experience
$70,193 - $87,742
How to Apply
Job Closing Date - 07/31/2019
Georgia Southern University, classified as a doctoral/research institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, is a member of the University System of Georgia. As the largest and most comprehensive research institution in the central coastal Southeast, the University is a residential campus of over 20,000 students. Students representing almost every U.S. state and 86 nations bring a diverse spectrum of backgrounds, interests and talents to the University community. Georgia Southern University offers more than 130 degree programs at the baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels through eight colleges: College of Business Administration, College of Education, College of Health and Human Sciences, Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Information Technology, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, College of Science and Mathematics, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, and the Jack N. Averitt College of Graduate Studies.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at