HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a Fitness Program Coordinator at our client site located in San Angelo, TX. In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager upon request and assuming Program Manager duties in his/her absence. You will perform site-specific payroll responsibilities, as deemed appropriate by Program Manager. You will also assist Program Manager with Monthly and Quarterly reports as assigned and deliver New Hire Presentations and health awareness presentations upon request. You will also be responsible for participating as needed on short-term projects and/or teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to managing/leading others; Assist with development of a highly engaged staff including wellness professionals, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, massage therapists and interns.
- Assist Program Manager upon request and assume Program Manager duties in his/her absence.
- Perform site-specific payroll responsibilities, as deemed appropriate by Program Manager.
- Assist Program Manager with Monthly and Quarterly reports as assigned.
- Deliver New Hire Presentations and health awareness presentations upon request.
- Participate as needed on short-term projects and/or teams.
- Assists Program Manager in tracking participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results.
- Assist in creating outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Assists with compilation of Quarterly Activity Report. Assist with Records Management process ensuring the storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with Health Fitness requirements.
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility; administrative/front desk duties, working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Possess exemplary customer service skills (greet member with a smile, address members by name, anticipate member’s needs).
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness center management activities including: teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract, floor coverage/front desk coverage, fitness testing, orientations, exercise prescriptions, education programs and special events including fitness center challenges.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends; professional certifications, e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Assist Program Manager in developing, implementing and evaluating the yearly strategic business plan to identify: contract deliverables, program/ service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Strategically support the Program Manager and other site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction.
- Track Fitness Facility usage and program participation including but not limited to: group exercise classes and personal training program (ongoing data entry/monthly reports).
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting as needed.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation.
- Establish a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Drive employee engagement around all centrally delivered programs and wellness/fitness center programs effectively.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Operation Smile, Heart Walk, United Way as needed.
- Add additional site responsibilities here.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- CHES and/or ACSM certifications.
- Current CPR/AED certification from AHA or American Red Cross.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize conflicting work demands.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience in Group Exercise leadership.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Additional industry certifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at