HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a Health Promotion Manager / Health Coach at our client site located in Wickliffe, OH. In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of client wellness programs in accordance with HealthFitness protocols, ensuring the highest possible level of engagement, outcomes and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services to meet client, member and participant objectives. You will also be responsible for working within the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes to facilitate behavior change by client employees. As an onsite Health Coach you will be responsible for providing health coaching according to HealthFitness established processes, procedures and ethics. This includes conducting individual sessions with health coaching participants in person or via telephone. You will work with participants to develop a personalized program that fits the participant’s needs, values, stage of change and goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan including program plan, marketing plan and communication plan working in partnership with the client to ensure an integrated program approach.
- Ensures contract compliance, including budget and, when applicable, performance guarantees. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments. Maintains on-going communication with client management, and other functional areas including health related vendor-suppliers, as appropriate, to assess client needs and identify HFC programming solutions.
- Designs and develops outcomes focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process. This may include doing seminar presentations and working with technology based delivery, e.g. webinars.
- Delivers personalized health coaching services for client employees utilizing the HealthFitness service delivery protocols and processes.
- Performs face to face, telephonic and web enabled coaching in areas of personal health awareness, stress management/balanced living, nutrition, tobacco cessation and physical activity.
- Utilizes HealthFitness established coaching guides, resources and materials to support behavior change process and health habit development.
- Delivers all phases of coaching enrollment phase, assessment phase, partnership phase, ownership phase and maintenance phase.
- Reviews biometric screening and health risk assessment and utilize Stages of Change to identify participant’s knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
- Discuss and explain all areas of the coaching process including product information, protocols, phases and content of coaching relationship.
- Modifies health coaching plan as necessary.
- Provides input and support to develop and improve coaching services and tools.
- Coordinates planning and delivery of the Client program throughout the entire organization in collaboration with corporate and site stakeholders; ensures full integration of program throughout all lines of client business (e.g. Health and Safety, Benefits).
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support as appropriate.
- Assesses effectiveness of current health education interventions and enhance delivery methods to reach all segments of the population with greater impact on outcome results.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of all data collected during health assessment or other health promotion activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements including if applicable, file transfer processes collaborating with other health related suppliers.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results. Creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Provides feedback to program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered.
- Leads and coordinates regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health related field (i.e. Health Promotion, Nursing, Public Health, Health Psychology) from an accredited college or university program.
- 1+ years of program management experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a health/wellness or life coach. Preference will be given to candidates with in-person coaching experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, diabetes management, weight control and stress reduction.
- Experience with application of health behavior change utilizing stages of change or other theoretical approaches.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Current CPR certification from the AHA or American Red Cross preferred, but will be required within 60 days of hire.
- Health Coaching certification from an industry recognized certifying agency.
- Experience preferably in a health plan, health improvement or related environment.
- CHES, ACSM and fitness certifications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at