1. Provide instruction in Kinesiology theory, activity and lab classes
2. Coaching assignment assisting in the sports of Men’s and Women’s Water Polo and Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving, with responsibilities set forth by the Athletics Director and Head Coaches; in oversight of program(s) including matriculation, recruiting, scheduling, eligibility, monitoring academic progress, budgets, transportation and fundraising, and supervision
3. Assist in the Aquatics Special Events Planning and Operations
4. Attendance at conference meetings and knowledge of coaching in accordance with the objectives, policies, regulations and procedures established by the Division and Conference and State Athletic Constitutions
5. Participate in curriculum development, SLO development, serve on College/Department committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program, and participate in appropriate professional development activities
6. Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities, College policies, division policies and department policies
7. Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs
8. Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methods including online courses, and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
9. Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees
10. Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Master’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy; OR
3. The equivalent (must attach an Equivalency Determination Supplemental Form); OR
4. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed. Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
1. Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer Certification
2. Expertise using swim meet management software
How to Apply
Initial Screening Date
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at