- Provide general fitness assessments, manages and trains student workers, instructs group exercise classes, coach CrossFit© classes & personal training.
- Develops & maintains Social Media & Web Content for CrossFit Altus & Bradshaw Fitness Center.
- 50% commission split on 1-1 personal training & clinics.
- The individual will assume the majority of the responsibility for marketing, membership and personal training sales, increase social media traffic, and community outreach.
- Additionally, the individual is responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling and professional development of Bradshaw student workers.
- Conducts fitness assessments and exercise orientation sessions for all new members.
- Provides fitness floor monitoring services: palpating heart rate, recording blood pressure and educating members about personal exercise programs. Directs members to other Fitness Center programs and services, when appropriate.
- Develops comprehensive individual exercise programs according to the participants needs, focusing on warm up, muscular skeletal stimulus, cardiovascular programming, flexibility, and cool down. Leads group exercise classes in the areas of strength, endurance and aerobic activities.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding to members request in a timely, professional manner for the purpose of promoting quality customer service.
- Conducts equipment care and maintenance by cleaning and lubricating exercise equipment.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exhibit an active Christian faith.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelors in Kinesiology or related field desired, but not required
How to Apply
Houston Baptist College was created by action of the Baptist General Convention of Texas on November 15, 1960 culminating many years of work and study. The aim of the College founders was the establishment of a Christian College of the highest order in the city of Houston that stressed quality of life as well as quality of learning. As envisioned by its founders and constituents, HBU is growing into a national metropolitan university that emphasizes the integration of faith and learning and a strong liberal arts foundation. The mission of Houston Baptist University is to provide a learning experience that instills in students a passion for academic, spiritual, and professional excellence as a result of our central confession, “Jesus Christ is Lord”.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at