The Director of Wellness, Athletics & Recreation provides leadership and direction for a college-wide wellness, athletics and recreation program including fitness, intercollegiate athletics, intramural sports, club sports, open recreation and special events. The Director of Wellness, Athletics & Recreation supervises the fitness center and Wellness Coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- For intercollegiate athletics: prepare budget, schedules, arrange transportation and accommodations; monitor student eligibility; maintain game records; coordinate and supervise recruitment of student athletes, coaches and other personnel; monitor requirement that athletes maintain primary medical insurance; foster the growth of the program; represent the college at regional National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) meetings. Ensure that the college is meeting all NJCAA and federal Title IX requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction for the planning, development, promotion, delivery, and evaluation of a comprehensive wellness and fitness program; including group fitness classes and programs, nutritional information and workshops, personal training, strength and conditioning training for athletes, wellness events, and any specialized fitness programs.
- Oversee operations in the fitness center; hire, train, and supervise work-study students who would be responsible for staffing the center; hire and supervise fitness instructors; develop a fitness class schedule; ensure that the equipment in the center is properly maintained.
- Develop, plan and oversee a variety of recreational and intramural activities, both athletic and non-athletic in nature.
- Work with staff at branch campuses to develop and run appropriate programs.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to the formation and maintenance of club sports; cultivate opportunities to compete in a wide variety of sports with local colleges, recreation departments and leagues.
- Work to develop partnerships with surrounding facilities to increase the available space and potential growth for intercollegiate athletics, intramural sports and recreation programs.
- Manage and maintain on campus and off campus athletic and recreational facilities.
- Supervise the Wellness Coordinator; assist with wellness services, programs and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Physical Education, Sports Management or related field; Masters preferred
- 2 to 3 years' experience in the field of intercollegiate athletics (preferable with the NJCAA), sports, recreation and/or health/wellness
- Athletics program administrative experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Ability to successfully pass PA 153 clearances
- Flexible work hours to meet athletic/fitness schedule.
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at