Join one of the most dynamic collegiate recreational sports program in the country. We are committed to our mission – to provide the Purdue community with recreation and wellness activities that contribute to learning and the pursuit of an active, healthy lifestyle. We are also committed to live our values; Celebrate Differences, Optimize Resources, Remember our Customer, Educate Always, and Collaborate. Our award-winning facilities afford us the opportunity to serve as a model for student development and learning.
This position will report to and work collaboratively with the Senior Assistant Director of Assessment, Student Development and Fitness to administer comprehensive and progressive fitness programs and services that serve the entire university community while also promoting our mission. This individual will be expected to build, develop, and cultivate relationships with numerous department and campus constituents. They must stay abreast of trends in fitness and ensure that the department offers programs and services that are safe, inclusive, diverse, and educational.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two year experience in fitness.
- Consideration will be given for additional experience in lieu of master’s degree.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a comprehensive fitness program; Contribute to developing strategies and vision for a successful and innovative program.
- Knowledge of risk management issues in fitness, specifically in collegiate recreation.
- Must show ability to develop long and short term goals consistent with the mission of the university, the division and the department.
- Must show the ability to build, develop, and cultivate relationships across campus with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, manage, and develop student and part-time staff.
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated, energetic, service minded and adept at solving problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents. Must possess strong communication (written/oral) as well as interpersonal skills.
- Proficient at computer software (enterprise computing administration, word processing, spreadsheet, electronic communication, etc.).
- Preferred areas of study include; exercise science, fitness/wellness management, health promotion, etc.
- Fitness certifications in ACE, ACSM, NASM
- Master's degree
- Purdue University will not sponsor a work related visa for this position.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at