HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Fitness Program Manager at our corporate client fitness center located in Washington, D.C. In this position, you will be responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of a mid-sized, single client on-site fitness program ensuring the highest level of participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services. You will be responsible for contract compliance; development of and adherence to the strategic business plan; staff supervision, training and development; design and facilitation of a variety of health and fitness programs; and various administrative duties including developing outcome-focused management reports. You will also have the opportunity to implement and instruct individual and group fitness programs, provide floor supervision, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions, and orientations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with HealthFitness policies, procedures and applicable laws including recruiting, orienting, training, evaluating, developing and planning the succession of associates. Plans, assigns and directs work assignments to ensure staff remain challenged and productivity is maximized; provides training and development opportunities to promote and encourage career growth.
- Ensures all staff is properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery; provides continuous feedback and coaching to all program staff to ensure quality of all programs and services being delivered. Conducts formal performance appraisals on an annual basis and initiates formal corrective action process when warranted.
- Leads regular individual and group staff meetings to ensure associates are informed about HealthFitness, client and program events, initiatives and status.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.
- Ensures contract compliance. Manages client relationship to ensure that high customer satisfaction is maintained and HealthFitness value is reinforced.
- Develops and implements the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategies to meet client objectives.
- Prepares and manages operating budget. Ensures expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of outcome-focused programs to meet client objectives; interfaces with client company management and peripheral departments, as appropriate, to assess client needs and identify HealthFitness programming solutions.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcome-focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Directs the implementation of fitness center based individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness corporate support as appropriate. General oversight and management of fitness center operations.
- Manages all fitness center program activities in accordance with HealthFitness operational, quality, safety and service standards.
- Designs and develops outcome-focused programs and interventions including data collection and evaluation process; delivers personalized services and other programs to participants as applicable.
- Coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness corporate support as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records and ensures confidentiality of data collected during health assessment and health promotion/membership activities in accordance with HealthFitness requirements, including file transfer, processes, collaborating with related suppliers and storage.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- A minimum of two years of related industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications or a BLS certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Ability to lead, manage and operate a fitness center.
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM or NSCA.
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification and the ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at