This position is a tenure-track faculty appointment. While the full complement of duties is determined in consultation with the Dean of Health Professions & Education and is based primarily on the needs of the specific programs and personnel being served.
A. Oversight in the curriculum delivery of the Wellness & Adventure Education program. Oversight of designated courses in the program. Collaborate with other program and school faculty for curriculum development, delivery, and program assessment.
B. Teaching: Teaching duties will be established in consultation with Dean of Health Professions & Education. Adherence to the Best Practices document to establish a productive, engaging on-campus learning environment is essential. To teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Wellness and Adventure Education. Specifically, classes on physical and health education.
C. Professional Development/Research: Continue active role congruent with American Association of University Professors – Utica College (AAUP-UC) contractual agreement and professional interests.
D. Accountability: Report directly to the Dean of Health Professions & Education. Attend on campus meetings and events as outlined by the AAUP-UC contract. Attend department meetings, making recommendations to the faculty regarding updating curriculum in the areas of course oversight. Attend School meetings, Senate meetings, and other meetings called by the college.
E. May perform other related duties as assigned, including participating on committees, teams or task forces.
Education & Experience Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Physical or Health Education required; ABD or Doctorate preferred.
• Certified K-12 Physical and Health Teacher required.
• Experience in adventure education is preferred.
• Experience in Therapeutic Recreation and the ability to teach in both programs is preferred.
• To effectively teach 24 credit hours (typically eight 3-credit classes) per year.
• To assist with the management of equipment and resources used by the Wellness and Adventure Education as well as Education programs.
• To identify and secure student teaching sites and oversee students’ culminating experience.
• To advise students on academic and career goals.
• To contribute to Utica College by serving on voluntary, assigned, and elected committees on campus.
• To represent Utica College in community-based organizations.
How to Apply
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at