HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a Program Manager at our new client site in Fort Collins, CO. In this position, you will perform daily supervision and administration of the fitness facility and associated physical activity and wellness programs in accordance with HFC protocols and the contract SOW; ensure a safe, clean and properly functioning fitness center; maintain participant files and membership database; conduct fitness testing and recommends exercise programs; develop and administer health education, risk reduction, health screening, and fitness motivational programs; develop and instruct health education sessions; when applicable, develop and instruct group exercise classes; serve as internship supervisor; develop health, wellness and outreach programming and special events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs daily supervision and administration of the fitness facility. General cleaning: On a daily and weekly basis, cleans designated exercise equipment, wipes counters, returns materials used by participants (e.g. magazines) to their proper place.
- Equipment maintenance: Hires technicians to fix any mechanical failures. Ensures quarterly maintenance is performed. Develops equipment replacement plan.
- Interacts with fitness center staff, as necessary, and participants to ensure smooth operation at the front desk and in the fitness center. Aids in ensuring safe, clean and properly functioning fitness center. Oversees proper upkeep of membership data and participant files. As necessary, provides training for the staff on proper use of the system.
- Coordinates and supervises Internship program: Responds to potential University interns, assist with placement on interns and supervises interns at the site. Conducts intern interviews and provides on-going training of accepted interns.
- Performs daily supervision and administration of fitness program: Interacts with fitness center participants to ensure that exercise programs are carried out in a safe manner.
- Provides fitness floor and facilities supervision. Conducts fitness assessments and recommends exercise programs: Evaluates cardiorespiratory and muscle conditioning of participants; develops recommended exercise programs; instructs participants on proper execution of exercise program; re-tests participants and updates exercise programs.
- Member appointments (e.g., fitness testing, equipment orientation, retest and personal training appointments).
- Monitors and tracks participation in assigned local and national health and fitness activities including: group exercise, HFC Health Improvement Programs (HIP), HP national wellness programming and special events. Generates a monthly scorecard document based upon monthly metrics such as membership, group classes and programming initiatives. Prepares and submits all reports and financials pertaining to Health Improvement Programs to HFC.
- Leads design, coordination, implementation and evaluation of site wellness programs. Plans and implements wellness programs focused on areas of greatest risk to employees and greatest cost to client company; employs a variety of communication and health promotion techniques to facilitate behavior change for participants at each stage of the behavior change process; provides prevention and wellness counseling; Develops and distributes health education and promotional materials such as flyers, table tents and electronic media messages. Schedules, organizes and leads health education outreach programs including classes, events, seminars, and screenings. Develops outreach programs and HFC Health Improvement Programs.
- Coordinates, promotes and to the extent required by the SOW, teaches group classes: Recommends ways to encourage greater class participation and maintain interest in the group exercise program; Maintains records of class attendance: Keeps records on the number of classes offered, participation numbers, participants’ recommendations and feedback. Submits metrics on the monthly scorecard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health and fitness related field required.
- CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including at minimum Word, Excel, Outlook and Skype.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize work demands and follow-through in timely manner.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Strong marketing skillset and client-facing communication skills.
- Project management skills sufficient to plan, promote and implement health education, program promotion, wellness and special events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at