The Health Fitness Professional position assists with wellness events such as health screenings and promoting fitness offerings at the North Chicago, IL fitness location. This position provides exercise floor supervision, interacts with members and program participants, and delivers health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Hours may vary from 5:30am-2:00pm or 11am-7:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with wellness events and promotes fitness offerings at North Chicago fitness location.
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member educational materials.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; completion of internship program preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications; AED certification if applicable.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (spin, strength, cardio, bootcamp, core).v
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Coordinate and assist programming in corporate wellness.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at