HealthFitness has an excellent opportunity for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Fitness Program Manager at our client site located in Bedminster, NJ. In this position, you will be responsible for managing and directing all operational aspects of a single site, which is part of a multi-site client program in accordance with HealthFitness protocols, ensuring the highest possible level of participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services to meet client, member and participant objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages membership billing and fee collection with heavy administrative duties related to reporting and membership management.
- Oversees all programming within designated site; coordinates the development, implementation and delivery of activities, promotions, programs and special events. Offers a minimum of 4 programs annually and seeks opportunities for additional revenue generation.
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client’s business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies. Utilizes standard HealthFitness programs whenever possible to meet client needs.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Directs the implementation of individual and group fitness programs, health education activities, motivational programs and special events; coordinates marketing and communications to maximize program engagement, bringing in HealthFitness Corporate support, as appropriate.
- Supervises all Group Exercise instructors and manages group exercise schedules.
- Tracks participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results; creates outcomes focused management reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives.
- Conducts informal safety checks on a daily basis and performs routine safety audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in accordance with HealthFitness guidelines.
- Participates in business planning to program and service offerings in their area of expertise.
- Manages all record and data management activities at the worksite, ensuring the proper storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements. Provides individual and group exercise instruction as applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Responds to all customer requests within one business day of receiving.
- Spends a minimum of 60 minutes on the Fitness Center floor during each shift.
- Administers annual Customer Satisfaction Survey and achieves a response rate of at least 20%.
- Responds to manager by end of shift, if needed.
- Performs staff responsibilities as appropriate including floor supervision, facility oversight, fitness testing, exercise prescription, new member facility and equipment orientations, personal training and group exercise class instruction. Verifies equipment is well maintained and operating properly; ensures locker rooms are clean and stocked, and coordinates prompt resolution to facility related issues.
- Onsite Availability, is expected to be onsite a minimum of 4 days per week, schedule must be approved by Contract Manager, schedule must include one early shift and one late shift, at a minimum, and schedule must be posted and meet the needs of the members and the onsite client.
- Provides contractual obligations as needed.
- Maintains updated CPR and First Aid certification.
- Completes annual background information within one week of notification.
- Provides timely notice of schedule changes.
- Submits employment forms, payroll records and billing worksheets accurately and according to contract provisions and HealthFitness policies.Develops key relationships with key players at the location.
- Holds quarterly meetings (email, phone or in person) with building manager.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational materials.
- Offsite Availability, is expected to be available as needed via cell phone conversations, and willing to change schedule on a quarterly basis to meet the needs of members or Client.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- 3 years or more years related industry experience,1 year of program management and prior staff supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications from AHA or ARC is preferred but required within 30 days of employment.
- Group Exercise class instruction requires recognized industry certification.
- Personal Training requires industry certification – preferred not required (ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, NASM).
- Must be willing to do a background and drug screen, as per Client contract.
- Ability to work independently without onsite Contract Manager.
- Reliable and timely a must.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals both within HealthFitness and the client organization.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Ability to teach a variety of group exercise class formats, preferred but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at