HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) General Manager at our new corporate client fitness center located in Houston, Texas! As the General Manager, you will direct and coordinate all operations within the fitness center, which includes fitness and wellness programming, marketing, aquatics, and facilities management.
- Serves as primary contact between client account and HealthFitness.
- Reviews the operating results of the wellness center, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Plans, develops, and implements organization policies and goals.
- Coordinates activities of departments such as operations, programs, sales, marketing and maintenance to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Confers with supervisory personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programming or operations required.
- Directs the generation of the monthly management report for the client account and HealthFitness.
- Analyzes and prepares center budget and allocates operating budget to departments.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program or operation changes to be implemented.
- Directly supervises Coordinator and MOD team.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Projects and other duties as assigned by client account and HealthFitness.
- Serves as speaker for community events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Business Management, Marketing, or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association is required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Strong business knowledge and marketing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at