We have an opportunity for a Full Time Fitness Specialist to join our team in providing an unparalleled experience at our employer based Fitness Center located in Watertown, MA!
* Personal Training and Group Exercise Certifications Preferred*
* Experience with Recreational Leagues A Plus*
Join a dynamic team of professionals in providing challenging Fitness programming and assisting people in our mission to get, stay and be well.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Primarily responsible for participating in all daily fitness center operations in order to ensure optimal performance of the Fitness Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide “Best of Class” customer service to all Fitness Center members according to TCHS Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards
- Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise) and TCHS Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floor Supervision, and Customer Service Standards
- Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the TCHS Facility Appearance Policy and facility audit plan
- Assist TCHS team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
- Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics
- Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
- Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the site manager
- Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Execute safe and effective fitness services
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise related field
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- First Aid certification
- Certifications from recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, AFAA, etc) (preferred)
- Internship experience or < 1 year experience in the corporate health/fitness industry
- Demonstrated ability to teach group exercise classes and instruction on exercise floor.
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including:
- Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate
- Body composition using skin fold calipers
- Muscular strength and endurance testing
- Sub maximal cycle testing
- 1+ yrs in corporate fitness field (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business writing skills
- Thorough understanding of exercise physiology
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Please disable your AD Blocker software if you can not see the “HERE” hyperlink in the APPLY ONLINE in the upper right section of this job announcement
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at