We are currently seeking a Director of Personal Training to work at an upscale corporate fitness center in Jersey City, NJ.
The shift days and hours for this position will be Monday - Friday, Hours TBD.
The Plus One Director of Personal Training ensures that all Physical Activity team members are developing and executing best practices in accordance with industry standards and Plus One operational guidelines. They maximize the customer service experience for program participants by implementing Plus One behavior change initiatives. They recruit, educate, and develop our “One Best Team” philosophy through the encouragement of continuing education and overall team member growth.
1. Implement and follow all Physical Activity Department related Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
2. Greet members and guests as they enter the Fitness Center using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule to determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
3. Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
4. Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
5. Take on regular Exercise Specialist duties (please refer to the Exercise Specialist job description).
6. Provide proactive supervision of all members or guests exercising in the fitness center by demonstrating proper operation of fitness equipment, such as resistance machines, cardio machines, and free weights.
7. Collaborate with Site Leader and the Director, Physical Activity to drive sales and marketing initiatives that increase interest, new sales opportunities, and revenue for Plus One products and services.
8. Ensure that Physical Activity exercise programming and prescriptions meet with operating standards and culture of the site/location, Client, and Plus One.
9. Proactively manage on-boarding for Exercise Specialists, and Personal Trainers inclusive of submitting job posting requests, and delivering job offers and on-boarding materials.
10. Develop team members in the areas of coaching behavior change, business building, goal setting, and sales and retention to provide effective feedback for professional growth.
11. Partners with the Site Leader for full cycle human capital inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, and terminating Exercise Specialist, and Personal Trainer staff.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a related field, and/or a current NCCA accredited Personal Training Certification. One year experience in a Personal Training Manager or Director role. Minimum of three years of experience in the fitness industry administering fitness evaluations, and exercise program development. Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certification. Possess the skills to hire, coach, train and develop staff. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants in accordance with P.R.I.D.E. Must possess the knowledge and ability to operate various fitness tools and equipment such as resistance tubes/bands, strength machines, cardio machines, Kettlebells, fitness weights, exercise balls, etc. Possess a comprehensive understanding of the principles of exercise, cardiovascular, strength and flexibility programming. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, finance management, marketing or in a related field. One year experience as a Group Fitness Instructor. Current nationally accredited (NCCA preferred) Group Fitness, or other fitness related certification. More than three years of experience in a management role.
How to Apply
Please apply through the link:
Plus One, an Optum company ignites employee activation in health ownership and drives engagement in health and wellness programs. We do this by offering opportunities to engage through four of the most common health goals: move more, eat better, be safer and be mindful. Because our services are located at the employer’s worksite, our local presence positions us to build trusting relationships, nurture emotional commitment and discover employee aspiration; and our on-site staff are the educators for these health and wellness programs.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at