Interactive Health is looking for people who share our passion for health and are committed to making a difference for our clients. We are a growing company and are always looking for candidates to join our fun, health-focused, high performing team. We’re making things happen every day.
We’re passionate about our work, proud to be the nation’s largest provider of employer-sponsored wellness programs, and ready to hit the ground running.
We are recruiting for a full-time Wellness Program Coordinator, in Buffalo, NY, who is energetic with strong customer-focus and communication skills, and will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment. As a Program Coordinator for Interactive Health, you’ll join our nationwide network of enthusiastic professionals who collaborate with the best minds in the industry. If you’re one of the best – come join our FUN!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will serve 10 worksites and will work in partnership with a client management team to plan, develop, promote, and coordinate the health management initiatives for employees within this hospital based system.
- Participate as a key member in the planning and development of wellness programs; key deliverables include creating a culture of wellness, engaging high percentage of eligible population, improving health status, driving health risk migration in order to impact health care costs.
- Utilize your skills in behavior change methods (such as Motivational Interviewing) to encourage adoption of lifestyle habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life, while emphasizing preventative care.
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action.
- Engage program participants in modifying high risk lifestyles or apply behavior change principles to changing and maintaining lifestyle behaviors.
- Document coaching encounters.
- Provide reports on participation, activities results, and participant feedback.
- Assist in the planning, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of comprehensive corporate health promotion programs (including but not limited to: health evaluations/benefits fairs, awareness events and classes, and health communications).
- Outline calendar of events targeting health risks of client population.
- Leverage health plan, wellness and community resources.
- Organize and collaborate with site “wellness champions” to help support and advocate the program throughout the employee population.
- Onsite client responsibilities.
- Flexible shifts, inclusive of traveling to support other client sites.
- Strong background in motivational interviewing and stages of change in relation to behavior modification programming required.
- Ability and creativity to develop promotional material, program material and instruct health education and lead wellness programs.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with participants, peers, supervisors and client management team.
- Lead special projects and initiatives (i.e., cooking classes, health education presentations, etc.)
- Track and report performance measures including events delivered, participation, and outcomes.
- Meet the operational expectations and goals of the client.
- Maintain current licensure in good standing; seek professional development.
- Energetic, professional, self-motivated and an independent thinker with excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Experience providing 1:1 Health Coaching.
- Group fitness/personal training experience a plus.
- Strong conceptual, strategic and visionary skills.
- Knowledge of ROI outcomes.
- Coordination and strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Outgoing, personable, and with customer focus. Be understanding of both the client’s and participants’ needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in health education, public health, health counseling/behavior-related field required. Minimum 1-3 years related experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: CPR/AED/First Aid Certification required (or obtained within 6 months of employment). CHES, Group Fitness, Personal Training Certifications preferred but not required. Must show proof of certifications and licensure.
How to Apply
Shape a healthier organization with Interactive HealthAt Interactive Health, it’s our mission to create healthy companies by improving employee health. Why? Because we believe employees are an invaluable resource and will help drive a competitive advantage.We’re passionate about our work, proud to be the nation’s largest provider of employer-sponsored wellness programs, and ready to hit the ground running.
As a trusted partner, we’re dedicated to creating a culture of health. Our comprehensive, flexible and scalable wellness solutions are strategically tailored to our clients’ desired outcomes—for lasting health improvements and a stronger bottom line.Our 20-year track record of innovation and flawless execution has helped hundreds of thousands of people across the U.S. recognize a new level of wellness—and stay there.We’re ready to add you to the list!
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at