HealthFitness has a great opportunity for an on-call (hours based on demand) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site in Miami, FL. In this position, you will assist with daily management and upkeep of the on on-site fitness center. You will be responsible for welcoming new members through new member orientations, assisting members through exercise prescriptions and referring members to additional on-site services as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Customer Service: Greet all employees and assist to their needs.
- Provide instruction on proper exercise equipment use and techniques.
- Maintain a visibly positive and approachable composure to promote member/employee interaction.
- Floor Interaction: circulate on fitness floor interacting with members- correcting form, encouraging workouts, and engaging at all times.
- Address member concerns and questions involving Fitness Center or programs taking place within the Fitness Center or Health & Well-Being.
- Available and knowledgeable on various types of free weight spotting techniques.
- Administer fitness assessments, orientations and exercise prescriptions for members.
- Take the initiative to develop, implement and evaluate fitness programming related to the strategic plan and within Health & Well-Being.
- Provide education to employees through one-one sessions, presentations and offsite visits, educational materials, bulletin boards, etc.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and training sessions.
- Communicate and relay information, concerns, feedback etc. to the Fitness Operations Coordinator or Program Manager directly or through lead staff.
- Help to promote the programs within the fitness center.
- Complete administrative duties related to specific programs (i.e.: metrics, marketing, program timelines, etc.).
- Adhere to policies, procedures and required staff trainings.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities as needed; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline from a four-year college or university.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at