We have an opening for a Full Time Physical Therapist Assistant to work at our employer health center located in Atlantic City, NJ!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Administers physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to Physical Therapist, by performing the following duties.
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients'responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.<
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if applicable in practicing State.
- At least two years experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and/or an EMR.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Experience in an occupation
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it. We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please disable your AD Blocker software if you can not see the “HERE” hyperlink in the APPLY ONLINE in the upper right section of this job announcement
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at