The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking a Sports & Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator who will provide support to the Sports & Healthy Lifestyles department by delivering consistent, quality programming as well as enhancing customer service and member retention. The incumbent will also assist the programs within the Sports & Healthy Lifestyles department.
• Assist in the recruiting, scheduling, supervising, and evaluations of program staff.
• Provide outstanding hospitality to all members and guests.
• Provide members with opportunities that will increase their involvement, sense of belonging, and ownership of the YMCA.
• Assist in the scheduling, maintenance, and management of facility and equipment in partnership with the branch’s maintenance department.
• Assist with the management of programs to maximize member satisfaction, revenue and compliance with the YMCA standards.
• Research, facilitate and build quality programs that provide member satisfaction.
• Set annual priority objectives-improve service, based on annual staff and customer evaluation/feedback.
• Serve as a point of contact for all Healthy Lifestyles & Sports staff.
• Track and ensure that staff certifications are current and on file.
• Execute administrative duties, i.e. tracking, reports, schedules, equipment, supplies, and payroll.
• Maintain required certifications, tracked in Club Connect.
• Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate action for emergency situations.
• Serve as branch Manager on Duty, as assigned.
• Assist in the development, control and tracking of departmental budget in accordance with branch and Association guidelines.
• Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
• Support community and promotional special events as needed.
• Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
• High School diploma or equivalent; College coursework preferred.
• Attend current hospitality training within 90 days of hire.
• General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent customer service skills.
How to Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Sports & Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Prospect Park YMCA – Park Slope Armory
Attn.: Christina Baker
361 15th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at