HealthFitness has a new opportunity for a full-time (34 hrs/wk) Program Manager - Fitness at our client location in San Diego, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for working closely with their Area Manager and onsite team to ensure delivery of programs and services as outlined in the contract and annual business/program plan.
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility.
- Administrative/front desk duties.
- Working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Possess exemplary customer service skills (greet member with a smile, address members by name, anticipate member’s needs).
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness center management activities including.
- Teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract.
- Floor coverage/front desk coverage, fitness testing, orientations, exercise prescriptions.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends, professional certifications, e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Service Delivery/Contract Compliance.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the yearly strategic business plan to identify; contract deliverables, program/service offerings, targeted outcomes, marketing strategy.
- Strategically support site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction. Oversee the implementation of all health education activities.
- Budget, Member Retention, Data & Outcomes Reporting.
- Prepare, obtain approval and manage operating budget. Ensure expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Track Fitness Facility usage and program participation including but not limited to: group exercise classes, personal training program (ongoing data entry/monthly reports).
- Oversee program outcomes: Track participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results. Oversee outcomes focused reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives. Manage Quarterly Activity Report. Manage Records Management process ensuring the storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with Health Fitness requirements.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation.
- Establish a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Drive employee engagement around all centrally delivered programs and wellness/fitness center programs effectively.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Operation Smile, Heart Walk, United Way as needed.
- Recruit hire, on-board and develop highly engaged staff including Wellness Professionals, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, massage therapists & interns. Oversee onsite wellness professionals as directed to ensure Health Fitness is compliant with contract and service level agreement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Current CPR/AED Certification from AHA or ARC.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of program development and implementation, data collection and analysis and outcomes reporting.
- Experience in Group Exercise Leadership and additional industry certifications.
- 1+ years of program management experience on the Health Fitness/Johnson & Johnson account as well as prior supervisory experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at