We are currently seeking a General Manager to work at a 26,000 square feet corporate fitness center in the heart of Philadelphia, PA. Our fitness team will be supporting a Fortune 500 client, which is part of one of the largest broadcasting and cable television companies in the world.
Our client has partnered with multiple wellness vendors to provide employees with balanced and healthy food options and clinical services in addition to a world class fitness center. This new facility is expected to open in early 2018.
A General Manager directs all operations, staffing, revenue and expense management, and marketing aspects of the site. He or she acts as a direct liaison with the Client departments ranging from Communications to Technology, Facilities and Wellness services. Although the General Manager will spend less time on the site floor than the rest of the staff, he or she will maintain a high profile with both staff and members.
Planning, Implementation, and Promotion:
- Work closely with the client and Regional Vice President to build and launch the fitness program.
- Implement and follow all Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Collaborate with the on-site team and vendors to actively promote programs for employee health and well-being.
Training & Development:
- Has primary responsibility for full cycle human capital management inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, firing and assigning projects and workload to staff.
- Ensure staff is integrated into the Plus One culture by incorporating the mission, values, and hospitality vision into regular activities.
- Ensure the staff is providing gold standard customer service and quality programming to the membership.
- Encourage and support staff to pursue advanced training, development and growth opportunities, and to apply for eligible job opportunities within Plus One.
- Provide leadership to set the tone and personality of the site.
- Manage three Supervisors with approx. 14 FTE’s.
- Lead the routine reporting and analysis of performance along with recommendations for improvement and innovation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- 10+ years of fitness management experience.
- Ability to multi-task, execute time management and problem-solving skills, organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to hire, coach, train and develop staff.
- A thorough knowledge of financial reporting such as budgeting, forecasting, and strategic business planning.
- Prior experience in a corporate fitness setting.
- Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients and members in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker.
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and HR, Finance, and Payroll systems.
How to Apply
Please apply through the following link:
Plus One, an Optum company ignites employee activation in health ownership and drives engagement in health and wellness programs. We do this by offering opportunities to engage through four of the most common health goals: move more, eat better, be safer and be mindful. Because our services are located at the employer's work site, our local presence positions us to build trusting relationships, nurture emotional commitment and discover employee aspiration; and our on-site staff are the educators for these health and wellness programs.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at