making a difference for our clients. We are a growing company and are always looking for candidates to join our fun, health-focused, high performing team. We’re making things happen every day. We’re passionate about our work, proud to be the nation’s largest provider of employer-sponsored wellness programs, and ready to hit the ground running.
We are recruiting for a full-time Wellness Program Coordinator/Health Coach, located in the greater Toledo, OH area who is energetic, self-directed with strong customer-focus and communication skills, and will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This position will provide the delivery of a comprehensive health promotion programs and 1:1 health counseling to employees in these multi-site locations.
As a wellness Program Coordinator/Health Coach for Interactive Health, you’ll join our nationwide network of enthusiastic professionals who collaborate with the best minds in the industry. If you’re one of the best – come join our FUN!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of comprehensive corporate health promotion programs (including but not limited to: health screenings, health fairs, awareness events and classes, health communications and health coaching, lifestyle interventions, health education, injury prevention, on-line/telephonic programs and high risk management programming and program analysis).
- Development of an annual operating plans
- Design, promote, implement, and measure targeted wellness programs for multi-site locations
- Packages wellness services and resources, and designs communication plan for the customization and delivery of wellness programs to satellite locations
- Identifies key health risk and participant needs through review of aggregate health risk appraisal reports, participant surveys, health claims, etc.
- Coordinates with ancillary health initiatives (i.e., partner vendors, Medical, EAP, food services, occupational health, etc.) to ensure that wellness, health and productivity management initiatives are integrated throughout the organization
- Network with internal and external professionals including collaboration with non-profit organizations and health plans.
- Review client environment and initiate improvements to improve overall health, i.e. healthy cafeteria, non-smoking, and walking areas
- Identify and track program participants and prepare personalized care plans to increase health status
- Generate reports for broad wellness initiatives as well as targeted risk clusters and related initiatives
- Lead special projects and initiatives; Establish and maintain sound client relations
- Assist in the measurement and evaluation of the program components.
- Understand the stages of change in relation to behavior modification programming.
- Develop creative program marketing pieces.
- Instruct health education wellness classes and programs.
- Interact daily with client and employees at client sites.
- Integrate wellness/fitness program initiatives into culture and organizational mission.
- Manage contracted vendors, health educators and part-time staff relationships.
- This position will require overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in health education, exercise science, health behavior psychology or health counseling/behavior-related field required, Masters preferred
- Program instruction experience, or teaching experience
- Group Exercise and/or Coaching Certifications a plus
- Individual health counseling experience
- Healthcare/managed care knowledge a plus
- Proven project management experience
- Proven results-oriented behavior
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work as a team with multiple department integration, and self-directed
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate employee health promotion/prevention programs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theory and applications
- High level of energy with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of motivational strategies, materials development and training/consultation processes
- Strong computer and software skills, word processing, email systems, and website publishing skills
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION:
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in health promotion program design, coordination and consultation for work sites preferred, experience in motivational interviewing, building and maintain client relationships, presenting to and gaining support of senior-level leaders, and reporting outcomes to the client.
- Minimum requirements: Must possess, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in health promotion, public health, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
How to Apply
Shape a healthier organization with Interactive HealthAt Interactive Health, it’s our mission to create healthy companies by improving employee health. Why? Because we believe employees are an invaluable resource and will help drive a competitive advantage.We’re passionate about our work, proud to be the nation’s largest provider of employer-sponsored wellness programs, and ready to hit the ground running.
As a trusted partner, we’re dedicated to creating a culture of health. Our comprehensive, flexible and scalable wellness solutions are strategically tailored to our clients’ desired outcomes—for lasting health improvements and a stronger bottom line.Our 20-year track record of innovation and flawless execution has helped hundreds of thousands of people across the U.S. recognize a new level of wellness—and stay there.We’re ready to add you to the list!
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at