Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
To oversee the operation and management of the Mount Wachusett Community College Fitness and Wellness Center
- Manages the overall administrative and business operations of the Center
- Oversees the development and coordination of recreational and fitness activities offered to members.
- Supervises and participates in all aspects of Center activities including scheduling, supervision, travel, and facility arrangements.
- Arranges for facilities to be available and prepared for activities use as required.
- Promotes and markets the center.
- Coordinates the preparation of the budget for the Fitness and Wellness Center and monitors for compliance and overall profitability.
- Manages inquiries, complaints, and emergencies, and maintains customer service standards.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations
- Recommends and implements departmental policies and procedures in such areas as athletic and recreational facilities usage.
- Recommends the purchase of athletic equipment for the Center needs and has ultimate responsibility for the care of and inventory control of such equipment.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, development, and evaluation of personnel for the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employee Status: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37.5
Number of Weeks: 52
Deadline Date: 12/18/17
Bachelor's degree in recreational education, sports management, business management or related field with 5+ years related experience, preferably in a large health/fitness setting. Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision and business management. Demonstrated ability to utilize industry software to manage memberships and to enhance recruitment and retention. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule. Proficiency in oral and written expression, with excellent problem solving, interpersonal, organizational and overall communication skills.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at