HealthFitness has an exciting opportunity for a brand new, full-time (40 hours per week) Health Fitness Professional at our beautiful new client site located in Princeton, New Jersey! In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Coordinates internship program; oversees the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of student interns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- 1-2 years of related experience is strongly preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications from the Red Cross or the American Heart Association is required.
- Experience teaching group exercise is required. Recognized industry certification in group exercise instruction is preferred, but will be required within 6 months of hire. Proficiency teaching a wide range of class formats, including Sports Conditioning, CrossFit-style, Step, Barre and Pilates, is strongly preferred.
- Personal Training certification will be required within 6 months of hire (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work proactively with strong ownership, accountability, resilience and flexibility.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at