HealthFitness has an excellent opportunity for a Program Manager - Wellness with exemplary customer service and communication skills and the ability to oversee two remote client sites in New Jersey. These locations offer comprehensive health and fitness services, a fitness center, group exercise classes, personal training and health education programs. The Program Manager - Wellness works closely with the Program Manager III and onsite team to ensure delivery of programs and services as outlined in the contract and annual business/program plan.
- Support/oversee day-to-day operations of the Fitness Facility, administrative/front desk duties.
- Working knowledge and compliance to site specific emergency response plans.
- Motivate Fitness Facility participation through regular interaction with members and fitness challenges/events.
- Possess exemplary customer service skills (greet member with a smile, address members by name, and anticipate member’s needs).
- Assists with the implementation of all fitness center management activities including teaching fun, safe and motivating group exercise classes as outlined in contract, floor coverage/front desk coverage, fitness testing, orientations and exercise prescriptions.
- Develop and implement a plan to remain current in industry trends regarding professional certifications and e-trainings, as appropriate.
- Work with the Program Manager III to develop, implement and evaluate the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/service offerings, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy.
- Strategically support site partners as needed to ensure coordinated delivery of services and customer satisfaction. Oversee the implementation of all health education activities.
- Manage budget, member retention, data & outcomes reporting.
- Prepare, obtain approval and manage operating budget for two remote sites. Ensure expenditures are made in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Track Fitness Facility usage and program participation for the fitness center and remote fitness room.
- Track participant and program data for measurement of individual and program goal achievement, outcomes and results. Oversee outcomes focused reports based on the identified business plan goals and objectives. Manage Quarterly Activity Report.
- Manage Records Management process ensuring the storage, retention and confidentiality all data collected in accordance with Health Fitness requirements.
- Maintain updated marketing materials at client site aimed to drive program participation.
- Establish a strategic marketing plan as appropriate and in compliance with the site communications guidelines.
- Drive employee engagement around all centrally delivered programs and wellness/fitness center programs effectively.
- Assist with site community events i.e. Take Our Child to Work Day, CREDO Picnic, Race for the Cure, etc. as needed.
- Recruit hire, onboard and develop highly engaged staff including Wellness Professionals & interns. Oversee onsite wellness professionals as directed to ensure Health Fitness is compliant with contract and service level agreement.
- Manage programs and budgets for two remote sites. Including quarterly site visits to support client deliverables, monthly marketing initiatives as well as timely completion of quarterly activity reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- 2+ years of program management experience on the Health Fitness/Johnson & Johnson account as well as prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Group Exercise certification from a nationally recognized organization required.
- Current CPR/AED Certification required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at