HealthFitness has an excellent new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our large corporate client site located in New York City! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. As a Health Fitness Specialist, you will also be responsible for instructing group exercise classes, personal training, conducting fitness assessments and providing exercise prescriptions, as well as fitness center orientations. You will also have the opportunity to assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts health assessments, one-on-one exercise programming (personal training) and provide education to clients.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or a related field is required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications, or a BLS certification, from the AHA or Red Cross is required.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Experience instructing a variety of group exercise formats.
- Experience training a variety of clients with varying abilities in one-on-one and group settings.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at