Position Overview – Health Coach
Part-Time Position Available
Bi-Lingual (Conversational Spanish)
Birmingham, AL area
The mission of the Health Coach is to provide health education and motivation to participants with the goal of achieving risk reduction. This includes developing and implementing on-site wellness programming for clients, assisting in health screenings, one-on-one health coaching and conducting health education events. Health coaches work with a variety of participants using motivational interviewing and intrinsic coaching to promote healthy behavior. All events/activities take place at the client’s worksite and are designed to accommodate the employee schedules.
The successful candidate must be empathetic, outgoing and personable, able to work independently, and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Strong skills and experience in motivational interviewing is a plus.Candidate must have at least a Bachelors’ Degree in related health field and a minimum of 2 years of health behavior change/health coaching experience. Previous experience typically includes work as dietitians, nurses, exercise physiologists, or health educators.
- A Bachelors’ Degree (Health related field preferred)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred, but conversational Spanish a must
- Certification health/wellness coaching or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) is a plus.
- Experience in Health Promotion, Wellness or Fitness Programming
- Lives a healthy lifestyle (leading by example)
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills which include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Position requires some travel
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may send their resume to:
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at