Sport management as an academic field prepares students for employment in the sport industry. This degree offers students opportunities to study managerial concepts while learning how to become transformational leaders in the business and culture of sports. It is an exciting and diverse discipline that draws from many fields of study.
This major is designed to address the unique position of sport in the global economy. Sport management students acquire knowledge and skills to work in a wide-ranging sport industry, and are prepared to pursue graduate degrees if they so desire.
Sport management majors receive a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree. In addition, a 12-credit certificate in sport coaching is available.
Why Study Sport Management at Grand Valley?
- A strong foundation in liberal arts and the ability to develop a high level of competence to make a positive impact in the sports environment.
- A combination of appropriate coursework and experiential learning intended to accommodate the diverse professional preparation needs of undergraduate students.
- Experiences that promote intellectual inquiry and develop sound professional ethics.
- Personal attention by faculty members in our student-oriented program.
- Opportunities for students to complete volunteer and internship experiences locally, nationally, and internationally to better prepare them for the professional workpla
About Grand Valley State University
Grand Valley State University is a public liberal arts university located in Allendale, Michigan, United States. The university was established in 1960 serving more than 25,460 students as of fall 2016, from all 83 Michigan counties and dozens of other states and foreign countries.