Build a future improving your students’ minds and bodies.
Frostburg State University’s nationally accredited undergraduate program in Health & Physical Education starts you down the road to a fun-filled career that mixes education and well-being. Certified health and physical education teachers can find fulfilling jobs working with students of all ages, from prekindergarten to high school, teaching others proper exercise and nutrition, and improving athletic performance.
Frostburg brings you an undergraduate program loaded with opportunities to set your teaching skills in stone through real-world experience, with internships and opportunities to interact with PreK-12 students throughout your college years. The program’s dual nature, pairing health education and physical education, gives you access to two possible career fields and boosts your odds of landing a job you’ll love.
- Prepare for a competitive job market with a degree that prepares you for two certifications – creating twice the opportunity for employment!
- Experience small class sizes and extra-curricular opportunities that foster close-knit, supportive relationships with peers and faculty mentors.
Health & PE Highlights
- Stay on track with a program redesigned to help you graduate on time. Our tightened curriculum means you can complete your degree in four years, save money and get your dream career started sooner.
- Flesh out your qualifications with some superb experience in the Motor Clinic, which puts you in touch with students with special needs from area schools.
- Apply and refine your teaching skills during a semester-long capstone internship in local public schools. FSU places you with highly qualified teachers who have been trained by program faculty to give you a quality experience.
- Work with local PreK-12 students even before your internship experience. FSU hosts programs that bring local students to campus so you can develop your skills and confidence on familiar turf before going out into schools around the region.
- Make the most of Frostburg’s great health and exercise facilities, which include a new AstraZeneca fitness center, indoor pool, climbing wall, weight rooms and indoor and outdoor ball courts.
About Frostburg State University
Frostburg State University is a comprehensive, student-centered institution dedicated to providing a quality education that leads to real-world success. We put a focus on experiential learning and student individuality, helping each student discover and realize his or her unique goals. Our programs prepare future leaders to meet the challenges of a complex and changing global society.
FSU works towards regional and statewide economic and workforce development. We draw students from all counties in Maryland, as well as other states and foreign countries. Our programs promote cultural enrichment, civic responsibility and sustainability in the Frostburg community, the Western Maryland region and beyond.
FSU is an institution of the University System of Maryland, accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. It is the only four-year institution of USM west of the Baltimore-Washington corridor.