If you are called to a life of service in public health, Samford's online Master of Public Health will prepare you to become a leader capable of addressing current global health problems. Our multidisciplinary approach will help you apply the latest scientific knowledge to build solutions to some of the greatest threats to human health. During the program you will learn to:
- Apply epidemiologic methods to the measurement of disease rates, prevention of infectious diseases, and the development and evaluation of health programs and policies.
- Apply statistical methods of estimation and hypothesis testing; explain the basics of correlation and regression for the purpose of analyzing the health of populations.
- Analyze how environmental contaminants (chemical, physical and other exposures) interact with biological systems and their effect on human populations for the purpose of evaluating risk reduction strategies.
- Assess the impact on health policy options of social, political, technological, economic and cultural forces, and apply basic management techniques to address organizational challenges to providing health care.
- Examine public health issues and responses from a social and behavioral sciences perspective and explain social, cultural, political, economic, and behavioral determinants of disparities in health status among population sub-groups.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for effective practice in their selected field of study
You will work in a variety of settings including state and local health departments, non-profits, hospitals, government agencies and other health related organizations. You may go on to become a wellness coordinator, project manager, data analyst, etc. or you may work in global health. The discipline is very broad, and we customize the degree to help you get where you want to go.
About Samford University
Samford University is a private, coeducational, Christian university in Homewood, Alabama. Samford University is Alabama's top-ranked private university. The university enrolls 5,471 students from 47 states and 29 countries. Samford University has been nationally ranked for academic programs, value and affordability by Kiplinger's Personal Finance and The Princeton Review.