Health Promotion and Management, Assistant (Tenure-Track) Professor R20088
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: R20088
Job Status: Full-TimeRepresentedTenure-Track
An assistant (tenure-track) professor in Health Promotion & Management program performs responsibilities under the general direction of the Associate Vice President ofAcademic Affairs and the Dean of Health Sciences, Education and Wellness Institute (HSEWI). This position will have the opportunity to teach a broad range of courses that may include, but not limited to: Health Promotion, Planning & Needs Assessment, Health & Wellness Coaching, Epidemiology, Public Health, and Internship Field Experience.
This position is represented by the Bellevue College Association of Higher Education (BCAHE) union.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual salary is based on a 176-day contract with a minimum of $66,580.43 ; beginning salary will be determined by the assessment of the candidate's education and related experience. New hires cannot be placed above $71,390.63 unless exceptional circumstances prevail. We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; temporary housing; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc. For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
The individual in this position will be responsible for the following:
• Perform student-centered teaching at a minimum load of 15 credits per quarter for a multi-cultural, multi-ability, multilingual student population
• Be available to teach classes on a variety of days, including evenings
• Assess learning outcomes
• Foster a positive, caring, equitable learning environment where differences and pluralism are valued, and all students have opportunities to be successful learners
• Provide culturally-responsive advising, such as navigating obstacles that underrepresented and historically marginalized students populations may experience in colleges (e.g., students with disabilities, students of color, first generation college students, LBGTQia students, Veterans, 2nd language learners, etc.)
• Participate in ongoing curriculum development, revision, and implementation that incorporates multi-cultural perspectives
• Participate in governance responsibilities with colleagues
• Maintain excellence, current knowledge and skills in teaching health and wellness content
• Participate in the life and culture of the department, division and college, including the college-wide effort to dismantle barriers that can impact underrepresented and historically marginalized student populations
• Perform related duties as required
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
• Master's degree or higher in Health, Public Health, Wellness, Physical Education, or a related field
• Three (3) years teaching experience at secondary or post-secondary levels
• Experience teaching historically represented, underserved, and marginalized populations, and a dedication to closing achievement and access gaps
• Background or prior experience that shows ability to work in inclusive manner with diverse faculty, staff and student population
• Community college teaching experience
• Experience in curriculum development
• Demonstrated effective leadership and collaborative working experience
• Experience developing internal and external partnerships
• Experience with teaching methods that engage students and emphasize interaction
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning
• Experience addressing disproportionate impact and equity issues in health and wellness or higher education environment
How to Apply
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 02/07/2021 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. The position will begin Fall Quarter, 2021.
Assistant (Tenure-Track) Professor positions are eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter that addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, including teaching experiences
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• Attach a statement of your Teaching Philosophy (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages)
• Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College. Please note that your Diversity Statement must be a separate response from your Teaching Philosophy.
• Attach a copy of academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted - official transcripts required upon employment)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2118221
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at