Inspiring, upbeat, passionate about health and fitness then read on! HealthFitness has an opportunity for a part-time (20 hpw) Health Fitness Specialist at our client site in Memphis, TN. The Health Fitness Specialist position provides exercise floor supervision, interacts with members and program participants, and delivers health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This role is responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to improve participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction. You will also be involved in weekly boot camp classes and monthly health fairs. Must be available to work M-TH 11:30am-4:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors facility; interacts with participants and supervises equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conduct fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member's interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists in the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Researches health and fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate member education materials.
- Verifies equipment is operating properly and immediately reports any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc).
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to empower others.
- Proficiency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with passion, initiative and creativity.
- Experience teaching group exercise classes (boot camp, HIIT, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification from ACE, AFAA, NETA or other nationally recognized specialty certification.
- Applicants must meet hiring requirements including but not limited to pre-employment drug test.
Would be great if you also had:
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at