Are you a nurse that enjoys coaching individuals on their biometric screening numbers and then guiding individuals to make positive lifestyle changes? HealthFitness is looking for a part-time (8-16 hours/week) Registered Nurse. The Registered Nurse will conduct biometric measurements in establishment of healthy living programs for participants of both university and hospital employees. Join our team located in Durham, NC at our client site that has long been considered among the top providers of healthcare in the country!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts various biometrics measurement procedures using professional clinical nursing skills for the purpose of collecting, interpreting, and recording pertinent health data.
- Assess educational needs and provides participants with appropriate healthy information using nursing and adult education principles.
- Counsels employees on health coaching skills regarding borderline and high risk biometric measures.
- Maintains accurate records and reports to ensure appropriate collection of data.
- Establishes positive interaction, using refined communication skills, with all levels of employees for the purposes of laying a foundation for the educational process, maintaining employee relations, and providing health service.
- Completes set-up and break down of the HealthCheck site each day.
- Current and in good standing Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
- Proof of current flu vaccination and negative TB Screen are a condition of employment.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Experience or knowledge of health education, counseling, exercise physiology, and/or health promotion product delivery is preferred.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at