HealthFitness has an excellent opportunity for a temporary, full-time (40 hours/week for possibly up to 9 months) Wellness Program Coordinator with exemplary customer service skills at a top client site located in Somerville, NJ. In this role, you will be instrumental in managing and assisting the Program Manager in many aspects of a corporate fitness facility and wellness program. This comprehensive wellness program provides program offerings of: health education programs, group exercise classes, personal training and fitness center events. The 10,000+ feet facility is a stand-alone fitness center that services a campus site of four buildings. In addition to overseeing the daily operations of the onsite fitness centers, the Program Coordinator will act as an integral part of the Wellness team by supporting the wellness and fitness services that serve to create and sustain a culture of health within the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee/supervise the day-to-day activities at the site which includes opening/closing, interacting with participants, monitoring equipment and participant safety and ensuring proper protocols and procedures are followed to maintain the efficient operation of the facility.
- Supervise group exercise instructors, interns, and on-call staff.
- Assume Program Manager duties when manager is absent.
- Partner with the Program Manager to implement and execute health promotion and educational events as well as outreach events/activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants, including but not limited to: individual fitness/wellness events, promotion for program offerings including Personal Training and Group Exercise, departmental challenges and special events including charity events.
- Ensure that coordination of appropriate marketing and communications of programs and services are implemented in a way that maximizes program engagement both in the fitness facility and in the main campus buildings.
- Track fitness facility and event participation as well as consultation participation to include service usage and program participation including but not limited to: group exercise classes, personal training program, number of events/promotions, participants per event and consultations
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting as needed, manage record and data management activities - ensuring the proper storage, retention, and confidentiality of all data collected in accordance with HealthFitness requirements.
- Assist in preparation of site level reporting to be shared with Leadership.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the yearly strategic business plan to identify contract deliverables, program/service offerings and initiatives, targeted outcomes and marketing strategy to meet client objectives.
- Data entry and analysis of Frequent Members Risk/Reward improvements at the local level.
- Ensure all on-call and group exercise instructors are properly trained and hold appropriate certifications necessary for safe and effective program delivery. Manage group exercise program to include recruiting, hiring, training, instructor schedules, and instructor evaluation and feedback.
- Perform staff responsibilities as appropriate including exercise class instruction, floor supervision, fitness testing, exercise prescription, new member facility and equipment orientations.
- Participate in membership drives, quarterly programming, member recognition and workout of the Month).
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required.
- 2 years related experience required, previous program coordination experience preferred.
- Health Promotion and Education experience required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Excel and Outlook is required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required but can be obtained before employment.
- Group Exercise (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM) certification preferred.
- Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA, or NASM) certification preferred.
- Health Coaching experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at