HealthFitness has an exciting opportunity for a new full-time (40 hours per week, benefits eligible) Assistant Director, Member Services within our client's campus recreation program on-site at Massachusetts Institute of Technology located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In this position, you will be responsible for the supervision of membership and pass sales, program registration, pool operations, and facility management at the Alumni Pool and Wang Fitness Center (A/W). You will manage all membership transfers, upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, and refunds for Member Services. You will be responsible for A/W deposits, outstanding debt collection, and financial reporting. In addition, the Assistant Director provides management assistance to the Aquatic and Fitness teams at A/W in regards to part-time staffing, rentals, programs, and special events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages bi-monthly credit card billing for membership accounts. Communicates to members with outstanding debt for membership fee collection and credit card number updates. Responsible for membership access. suspension for non-paying accounts.
- Processes all membership change and cancellation transactions. Maintains accurate financial records for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Oversees daily, weekly, and monthly email communications in regards to membership expirations, locker rental reminders, balances on account, and new member welcome messaging.
- Develops the A/W monthly personnel schedule and identifies staffing needs with Fitness and Aquatics.
- Oversees the daily membership deactivation process and annual audit for all membership types.
- Supervises the A/W locker rental including: allocation, notifications, clean-out, and storage fee collection.
- Submits facility work orders and communicates cleanliness needs directly with MIT’s Department of Facilities and custodial staff throughout the year. Manages the annual A/W facility maintenance shutdown each spring.
- Participates in the annual development of departmental strategies and goals. Actively contributes to the completion and reporting of Member Services team goals.
- Serves as the Point-Of-Contact (POC) for A/W while on duty. Completes facility rounds each work day in order to ensure a safe and secure facility. Oversees lifeguards while serving as POC, provides employee breaks as necessary.
- Serves on the MIT Recreation Health and Safety Committee.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, hospitality, business, or a related field.
- American Red Cross certified Lifeguard or ability to obtain certification within 60 days.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and ability to deliver quality customer service.
- Ability to multi-task as well as work quickly and accurately.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective business relationships.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Master’s degree in recreation, hospitality, business, or a related field.
- Experience with recreation member management software.
- Experience with providing leadership and supervision to a diverse team of employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at