HealthFitness has new opportunities for Health Fitness Professionals at our client location in Mansfield, MA! In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and/or delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and leads a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the participant’s interests, abilities and goals.
- Researches health & fitness educational topics and identifies appropriate participant educational materials; conducts health education seminars/presentations.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new participants; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive participants.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline; 1+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross.
- Group Exercise class instruction requires recognized industry certification and must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Personal Training requires industry certification (ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or NASM) and must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands including project coordination.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
ll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at https://healthfitness.com/about-us/careers or directly using this link:
If you are unable to apply on-line, you may send your resume indicating your position of interest via fax to (952) 897-5096.
HealthFitness, a subsidiary of The Trustmark Companies, is an award-winning,
URAC- and NCQA-accredited provider of health management, corporate fitness management and condition management solutions. With 35-plus years of experience, HealthFitness is a proven leader and partner for infusing a culture of health. We maximize client results through personalized interaction and a science-based approach to on-site program management, engagement and prevention. HealthFitness provides the BioVia health management product suite—health assessment, coaching for health improvement, biometric screening and the individual’s self-selected goals and social support network. For more information on HealthFitness, visit www.healthfitness.com.
Please mention that you heard about this position through the National Job Finder Service located at